About The Mainstreet Bowness Business Improvement Area
The Bowness BIA (Business Improvement Area) is a vibrant business district located on Bowness Rd. NW from 62nd to 65th St. in Calgary. It’s an eclectic area with unique businesses offering anything from super foods, painting classes, coffee, full-suspension mountain bikes, restaurants, financial services, yoga classes, hair extensions, tech support and much more. Over 60 businesses operate within the zone of the BIA while convenient free parking is available anytime.
The mission of the Bowness BIA is to represent the business interests of its members and create, promote and maintain a unique, attractive, vibrant and prosperous business area that is appreciated and supported by the local residents and visitors from throughout Calgary and beyond.
Learn about the history of our district soon!
Projects that the Bowness BIA are working to achieve:
- A maintenance program designed to keep the shopping district clean and tidy
- Increase awareness through social media and website updates
- Enhancing special community events ie; annual Tour de Bowness Street Festival
- Complete Streets and Main Streets Projects
- Building and fostering community relationships
- Creating a health and wellness hub
Highlights of the Bowness Improvement Area:
- Specialty grocery stores
- Restaurants, pubs and coffee shop
- Fast food shops
- Health and wellness businesses
- Salon and spas
- Professional services
- Automotive stores and services
- Home and electronic services
- Banking and financial services
- Art Studios